Friday, May 22, 2009

Spaghetti and All

I had a successful Wednesday Spaghetti... we had spaghetti and it was Wednesday. I threw in 2 wonderful friends, garlic bread and some wine... voila!

When I told my husband that I had invited Lesley and Lori over for dinner, his first question was "Why?"
"Because I wanted to have some friends over to hang out."
"But they don't even know each other."
"So?"
"So, that is kind of random."
"That is the fun of it. They don't know each other so we'll have a lot to talk about and learn about each other."
"It's just weird."
"You're weird."

We ended up having a great time with great conversations and I can not wait to do it again with other random friends.

2 comments:

Mara said...

That's one of the best things about Wednesday Spaghetti--or in my case Scrumptious Saturday! Connecting the awesome people you know with other awesome people you know.

Lora, who we all know is the mastermind behind Wed Spag, has always been about this. When I first started working in DC, Lora connected me with another friend of her's who worked for the same organization. And, of course, we hit it off!

Lora said...

I love that you are jumping right into this!